Tuesday 30 March 2010

Stargate Universe First impressions

I haven't had time to analyse SGU. I've only seen a few episodes online and I am waiting for the DVD box set before I really settle down on an opinion, but I do have three points I want to make.

First:- I want to like my characters. Make them people, not walking bags of neuroses with enough baggage's filled with half baked clichés. I don't mind bad decisions that come back to haunt them in later episodes, but there has to be a good reason for them. don't do it for the hell of it. They're not more believable, just people you want to punch!

Second:- Find a fucking tripod. Stop emulating BSG and stick to your guns of steady shots. Stop distracting me with "clever" angles and POV shots. I want the story to suck me in, not your artistic flair.

Third:- Stop hitting the plot eject button. If you're going to give us a massive problem with only a practically impossible solution for the love of god don't deux ex machina the story!

These are exactly the problems I had with BSG. God damn it I thought we were through with this crap... Oh right Caprica, that is on DVD already. Oh no, I'm going to have to see that too aren't I

No comments:

Post a Comment