Tuesday 9 March 2010

This... is going to be good!

Once upon a time I was six years old. I know, it feels like dinosaurs ruled the earth back then. The best you could hope for from your computer was 8 bit and that magic box in the corner ran on DOS. My family went to a friends house and I played my first computer game.

Nothing special and I wouldn't remember it to day if it wasn't for one point. While we were playing games they had a video on the TV. I remember looking up and being amazed, it was the original Tron. I spent years after that hunting the video down. As soon as I had DVDs I got the special edition. Once every six or so months I still dig it out and watch it, usually when I should be doing something else. It is a classic film to me. Right up there with The Dark Crystal for spectacles that shaped my life.

Now Years later there is a sequel. Here's the trailer:-



I know there is supposed to be a lot of good films out this year, like Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3 and the like but this... this is my Star Trek. I must see this movie, even if it's pants I simply have to marvel at it

No comments:

Post a Comment